Friday, April 24, 2015

Best for Last

Hat: Ralph Lauren, Roper: Kate Spade, Sandals: Guess

So sad that our time is coming to an end. With this being my last post I wanted to end it with a bang. There's no better way to do that other than listing off my Do's and Don'ts of fashion.
 
1. A loose top and loose bottoms never work!
         When picking an outfit, you want to wear something that shows off your body. Two loose items never work together, nor does two tight items. You want to make your body look proportional. The best way to do this is using a simple trick, if my blouse is tight go with something bigger on the bottom and if my jeans are tight, I want something flowy on top.
 
 2. STAY AWAY FROM MIXING TINY PRINTS
           My mom would always get on me about this when I was younger. Floral print was really in style when I started taking an interest in fashion. I would always look at my Teen Vogue magazine and recreate the looks. However, they never worked for me because I would try to add too many prints together. When you style and outfit, you want the person's eyes to be visually satisfied, not put them in a coma. My favorite was when I would wear floral print shorts and then a blouse with flowers all over it. I can remember my mom making me change whenever I wore because she said I would regret looking back on it...... I do now haha.
 
3. Try to avoid "costume " outfits
             A costume outfit, is basically a getup. A lot of younger children do it and even the fashion world itself is guilty of it. This was another thing I did all the time when I was younger. I was really into the grunge look and whenever I saw photo shoots of it oh man I tried my best to recreate it. It never worked for me and still doesn't.
 
4. Simple is the way to go
            Looking at my wardrobe, a lot of my pieces are very simple. It is mostly complied of basics, such as t-shirts, and tank tops. The reason behind this, is that these are the easiest things to pair up. It's hard to have a lot of Avant garde pieces in your wardrobe because you want pieces that will go together.

Signing off one last time---
H

No comments:

Post a Comment